Wednesday, May 09, 2007

"I wanna wrap the moon around us..."

Good morning!

I'm going to try to keep this post relatively short because I'd like to go enjoy the nice weather outside before I have band practice.

The other day I cleaned my room for the first time since we got Claire. Needless to say, it really needed it. I opened my windows, aired the room out, and began the tedious process of sorting through clothes. I ended up giving a lot of them up, especially sweaters and pants. The sweaters I wasn't going to wear anymore (since I had them in storage all this winter and didn't even notice I didn't have them) and the pants simply don't fit. I shrunk and now they're all too big. Thankfully a couple still fit and I have a few new pairs to replace them. After all my clothes were put away and the rest of the room picked up, I got a few lilac clippings from our bushes and brought them into my room. Now my room smells fresh and scented with lilacs. =)

Band at RCTC is wrapping up. I had a practice last week (which was a joke) and another one today (which will also probably be a waste of time). We're practicing "Pomp & Circumstance," and a rather lame version at that. I'll probably be the only saxophone playing at graduation and I'm not even enrolled at RCTC. Graduation is tomorrow night. I would really rather not play since it is my last free night before having another round of chemo (scheduled for this Friday morning). Meh.

Yesterday my friend Ann and I bummed around town. It was fun. She picked up some herbs and then we tried to find the Mayowood mansion; however, the road we took was closed partway down, so we didn't get to see it. After that we ran to the recycling center to ask about milk jugs. As it turns out, we can take as many plastic milk jugs from there as we want, so we're pretty much set for the quantity of milk jugs we need. We'll still take any that people save for us, but what we really need is milk cartons. Or juice cartons that are the same size and shape as milk cartons since they'll be painted anyways. So...

Please save your half-gallon milk/juice cartons and give them to us.
Oh, and remember to rinse them out first. We don't want smelly ones. =P

I think that's pretty much it. I'm going to go ride my bike a bit and enjoy the sun. =D

Wait, I remembered one more thing. I found this site, http://www.thedeepbook.org/, on the i-am-bored.com site and thought it was pretty neat. It has a whole bunch of pictures of deep sea creatures, really deep sea creatures. It's just fascinating how weird some of these creatures look. I thought some of you might enjoy that.

Okay, now I'm going outside. =D

~Cheryl

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck in the race - I've seen the news stories on the milk carton race and it looks like a hoot !! post pictures here when it is over :-) Have a grand day !!

Anonymous said...

Cheryl!!!!!!!! I am home now, so we need to do stuff together before I get a job! And I have some milk containers, too!