Hola!
I realized that I never posted the results of my tests on Thursday.
Well, the sigmoidoscopy (oooh, fancy technical word) revealed nothing. The doctor in charge of the procedure said my stent hasn’t moved and that there is nothing that’s obstructing the current opening. All that was learned was that there is scar tissue there and that the stent isn’t the same length as the tumor, but that’s not a problem since nothing is closing off and such. The conclusion was that the bleeding is just a part of a treatment and not to worry about it unless it greatly starts to affect my hemoglobin levels.
On Friday I had an appointment with Dr. Pitot. I guess it went alright. I learned that I’m at my lowest weight yet and that it is beginning to become a concern. Dr. Pitot retold me what I already know: snack frequently and eat high calorie foods. The only problem with that is that one of the high calorie foods he recommended are those energy smoothie things and they only taste good (I’ve heard) when they’re chilled, so my cold sensitivity poses a problem in consuming such beverages. I’m trying to snack more frequently so that it’s alright that I’m eating lighter meals, but I’m still having issues with getting sick to my stomach. I’ll eat, feel fine for a bit, and then start feeling nauseous. I don’t know what the problem is. It’s not like I’m trying to starve myself. I’d be fine with regaining about fifteen of the pounds I’ve lost, it’s just that my stomach currently act like it’s battling against me. I guess we’ll see in the next few days if I can put some weight back on. I hope I do; I’m tired of having jeans that don’t fit.
In other news…
Peter Pan rehearsals continue on. We’re getting down to just having issues with technical things, like set changes and how our scenes will actually work with a complete set. The practices are still fun though. The pirates are a great group to hang-out with; we’re collectively creative and find lots of funny things to add to the play. At the last rehearsal we practiced our intermission song and figured out what we were doing at the beginning of the pirate ship scene. The song is going fairly well. We don’t all sing the same notes or rhythms, but it sounds alright. On Monday I’ll bring in my bouzouki and whistles and maybe we’ll get a few more details set in stone. Then, on December 1st, our performances start. I’m hoping that my chemo treatments will be minimal during the month of December so I’m not feeling yucky during performances or having to hide the pump in my costume. That, however, all depends on what my CT-scans show and if Dr. Cima says, “Surgery,” or, “Chemo.”
Oh, I got an e-mail today from my friend Helen. It was a forward, but it was pretty clever for a forward. The topic of the forward was a bunch of statements that play with words. Here are a couple of my favorites:
1. If you don’t pay your exorcist you can get repossessed.
2. The short fortuneteller who escaped from prison: the small medium at large.
3. A grenade fell on to a kitchen floor in France and resulted in Linoleum Blownapart.
There were lots more, but I think those were some of the best ones.
Okay, that’s enough for today.
I will fill you in if anything interesting happens.
~Cheryl
Sunday, November 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Yay I'm famous! lol it's nice to see my name in print on someone else's page... yeah. Glad you liked the forward, it made me laugh :) Good luck with the play, it sounds really cool, I'll have to see if I can go to it.
~Helen
Cheryl!!! Hi!! I get to see you on Wednesday!! Yayness!
Yeah... so that's it. I miss you!
-jase
~())
yay, so you've heard "and I would walk 500 miles and I would walk 500 more" i love that song. if you've got time you should watch benny and joon, thats where i first heard that song, he he, thats up to you tho.
it was cool seeing you at school today :D
Post a Comment