Whoa! It’s already November! Who’da thunk?
I’m definitely getting lazy on my blog posting. Sorry ‘bout that.
There isn’t too much to comment on about last week. Halloween was in there somewhere and a couple of tests. I didn’t have a costume for Halloween, but I celebrated by wearing a pair of festive socks and going to Ben’s aunt’s house to hang-out and greet trick-or-treaters. I also worked on making a cap for one of my friends. I think it turned out pretty well; it was a soft, fuzzy black cap with a couple of pink stripes. The yarn was a little weird to work with since it was so fuzzy, but I managed.
Okay, this is absurd enough that I feel this is worth posting on my blog, but to start I must fill you in on some details:
1. First, there is this girl. We will call her “Stalker.”
2. Stalker has been trying to steal my boyfriend from me for the past year and a month. This means she calls Ben’s house almost every night (using multiple phones so he can’t always know it’s her via caller-ID and hang-up on her) and has confronted Ben about “where they stand” a couple of times (as far as Ben is concerned, he feels they stand a few light-years apart).
3. I think she must be somewhat delirious since Stalker just doesn’t seem to understand that Ben and I are a couple and that our current state is not likely to change due to her actions.
“And now for the rest of the story”:
Friday night I get a call from Ben. Obviously Stalker has been communicating through Ben’s bro and has asked to come over to their house. At this point I’m thinking, “Stalker is crazy, desperate.” Ben asks if I would like to come over in order to pass a “subtle” hint along to Stalker. I say I would love to. I get to Ben’s house. I’m there for a little while when I find out Stalker has recently phoned. Ben’s bro informs Stalker that I will be at their house the same time she is. At this point, Stalker bails and says she can’t make it out to their house.
All I can say is: Mwa-ha-ha.
I don’t know if Stalker or friends of Stalker read this blog, but I really don’t care what they think. I have tolerated Stalker’s stalk-i-ness for the last year, which is longer than what a lot of my friends said they would have tolerated her. So maybe through this post, I’m hoping, she might finally get a clue.
Anyway, on to other news…
Saturday was quite a bit of fun. I went up to Gma T.’s house to help set-up her Christmas village. Yes, it is a little early to be setting-up such things, but we didn’t know when I’d be well enough or when else our schedules would work. I think our arrangement of the village pieces turned out well. I decided how the big scene would look and Gma did the two smaller ones while I took a nap (yes, I fell asleep on them…again).
Saturday night was super-fun. I got to learn the basics of salsa dancing! It’s definitely different from clogging, but it’s still fun to try. The Komaniecki’s, Ben, Jessi, and I went to a martial arts studio that was holding a lesson and open-dance. Everyone seemed to have a good time and we all came out a little wiser in the art of Latin-dancing.
Sunday I went horseback riding with my mom in La Crosse. I haven’t ridden my horse in over a year, so it was nice to ride again. Shawn, my horse, behaved reasonably well. It’s not like he’d be ready for a horse show anytime soon, but I got him to walk, trot, and lope fairly decently. We even worked on figure-8’s a little bit.
After riding we came home. Sadly my shoulder was really tight, so I had to take a Tylenol 3. That pretty-much knocked me out until it was time for dinner. I ate and then I went to band practice at RCTC. We have our concerts this Wednesday and Thursday, so this was a run-through and tweak-the-small-things type practice. I had a good time. There is a guy in our band who plays piano like no one I’ve ever seen and he started playing songs from “Wicked,” so another girl and I started singing along while he played. It was so cool.
Today was a test day. First I had my midterm for math (and got 96.6%- woohoo!) and then I went into the Gonda for blood tests. The blood tests looked pretty good. My hemoglobin is down a bit again, so I think I’ll have to get the icky shot at my next chemo round this Thursday. Otherwise, everything else looked like it was generally moving in the right way. Good test results all around.
And now I’m bumming at home and working on this post.
Oh, I guess I should mention how my rehearsals for Peter Pan are going:
They are fantabulous! I always have a great time. I must say, the pirates are going to steal the show (unless everyone else is awed by the flying kids…). The pirates are a great group of people; we all scheme together and come up with clever things for our characters to do. The last practice we were working on our “shuffling.” There is a scene where Hook has a long speech and while he talks the pirates are “shuffling” about in the background looking for lost boys. It’s a really funny bit, even though it tires out your legs after you practice it a few times. This week I have practice again on Tuesday and hopefully I’ll get to learn how I die. =D
I hope everyone can make it to see Peter Pan sometime this December. It’s going to be a really good show and kids of all ages will love it.
Actually, here are a couple of links so people can be informed as to when my RCTC concerts and my Peter Pan performances will be:
Peter Pan Info: http://www.rochestercivictheatre.org/Shows.asp?TopNavItemID=4
RCTC Info: http://www.rctc.edu/studentlife/html/music.html
I won’t be able to make it to the second two Christmas concerts due to Peter Pan performances, but I should be at the first two.
Oh! I get to join the RCTC choir too! Chuck (director of band, choir, and anything musical at RCTC) said he’d be happy to take another alto, so I’ll be joining the choir next Monday. =D
And that concludes my post.
I’ll let you know how my next chemo treatment goes and fill you in on anything interesting.
“Yay!” for the end of political ads tomorrow!
Much love,
Cheryl
Monday, November 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Ooh! I think I should be able to make it to Peter Pan! Yayfulness!
Hopefully we'll be able to hang out some over Thanksgiving break, too!
And I'm super glad the test results are still coming out good. Much happiness!
-jase
~())
Hey Cheryl!
I think the family is coming to Peter Pan for my birthday since I get home on the 14th. I'm excited!
Bri
Hi Cheryl! I guess we'll be seeing you in Peter Pan the weekend of Dec 15-17! I hope you are feeling better. Have fun with your concerts this week! Festival of Trees on Thanksgiving this year??
Love, Nancy
Hi Cheryl! Ya know, I almost wouldn't be surprised if this post doesn't work on Stalker, she is like the biggest ditz I know... sorry ;) If you want I can threaten to beat her up... j/k, maybe. Remember I'm your Igor! lol ttyl
~Helen
Dear Cheryl,
Your posts are quite long. I know Im going to forget to comment on some things.
a- stalker….sounds very stalkerish. But that’s a conversation for another time
b- good to hear the tests have gone well
c- I as so coming to your show. I better hear some wellpracticed “arrrrrrs!” from you!
d- Congrats on joining the choir.
katie bers
Hi Cheryl,
We really enjoyed the concert Wednesday night!!! It looks like a fun group for you to be a member of!!
We are looking forward to the play and to the next concert.
Hi Cheryl,
We really enjoyed the concert Wednesday night!!! It looks like a fun group for you to be a member of!!
We are looking forward to the play and to the next concert.
Hi Cheryl,
I hit the enter key 1 time to many and didn't get our comment identified.
Grandma and Grandpa H enjoyed the concert
Post a Comment