Wednesday, January 17, 2007

"The seeds will grow, the flowers bloom..."



Ha! Victory is mine! The blog actually let me post a picture! Well, this is my crazy plant lady. It's not the whole drawing and not of the best quality because I don't have a scanner and had to just take a picture of it and load the picture onto my computer. You can kind of see the flowers she's pollinating. It looks better when you can see all five flowers and the ground below her; it makes it look like she's just drifting around more. But I'm happy with how she turned out, especially her face since I have problems with drawing faces.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool drawing! It would make a very interesting tatoo... not that I think much of tatoos, but who knows - there might be opportunities in tatoo designs. I hope this chemo session goes smoothly. The trip to FL will be amazing, and if you want tips about not drinking without drawing attention to yourself, ask Beth. She has some tricks.... The warm weather will feel wonderful!! Also, very cool about your editing project!

Stay strong!
Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

Cheryl, you don't know me, but I have worked with your Dad for several years, and have followed your blog since your diagnosis. I understand some of the things you are going through, as my 16 year-old daughter was diagnosed with leukemia 16 months ago, and is currently in chemotherapy. From your blog, I can tell that your spirit is strong and that is extremely important in your battle with cancer. You can also rest in the knowledge that if/when your faith struggles, there are people all around you that are praying for you, including people you have never met.

Anonymous said...

Cheryl,

I love your drawing! I wish I had that kind of talent. I hope things went good for you at the Eagles Cancer Telethon. I watched a lot of it, but I misse you.
Take Care!
Glenda

Anonymous said...

beautiful drawing cheryl! i just wanted to mention that the title of your post is a quote from the song that i am singing at solo ensemble! but you probably already knew that. the song from secret garden, right? i absoulutely love it. haha i'll see you around!
much love,
Hayley Anna

Anonymous said...

Worried about not drinking and having people bug ya about it?? No worries...I'm a pro at this game. Get yourself a glass of water and put limes in it...looks just like a gin and tonic. OR...easier yet, just put some ice in a cup and pour your pop or juice or whatever you're drinking in the cup...people assume you're drinking, thus no comments...works quite well. Hope all is going well!!

love, Beth :-)

Anonymous said...

Very cool. Now you need a poem to go with it, or a wood-sprite sounding instrumental. Have fun in Florida. Hopefully you have some decent weather there. I think a nice hot soak in the sun would be very therapeutic.

April

Anonymous said...

Me likes your drawing... for some reason it looks like a tatoo... but it is too cool for that.
~Ann

Anonymous said...

Cheryl: Beautiful picture. What do you mean you aren't much good at this! It is a very emotional drawing too.

Anonymous said...

well this is cool (sorry i'm late) but i never knew you could draw like that, your really really good.

Anonymous said...

   When you don't want to drink, just tell the wait-o-tron that you're the designated driver - sometimes you'll get free soda the rest of the night...