Meh.
I forewarn you now: this post is just more grumbling. I am in a very grumbly mood today.
It all started very early this morning...very early....like 12 a.m. I wasn't sleeping well. Everything ached, especially my right leg. You know how they tell you not to put any weight on your leg and to be careful? Well, I've decided the only result of that is that you start moving around funny and probably make the movements more painful than they have to be since you're trying to be careful.
Anyways, I hurt. Finally, I went and told Mom that I felt like crud. So she gives me lots of drugs (anti-pain and anti-muscle stiffness, then eventually a Dayquil since it seemed I was developing a cold). After the medications, I'm in pain and my thoughts are all jumbled. All I want is sleep, but my leg is cramping and I keep feeling worse and worse.
Eventually I get up because I feel sick to my stomach. I don't throw-up, but I gag- which is not the least bit fun. You probably didn't want to know that, but the detail must be included to emphasize the crumminess of my day.
I pathetically crawl back into bed and the rest of my day is a confused jumble of sleeping, trying to lay in a way that won't make anything hurt, and being told I have to eat something.
Oh yeah, about mid-afternoon it is discovered that I'm running a low grade fever. By now it has escalated into a full-out fever and I'm bouncing between a high 100 and a low 101.
I feel like crud. I had already figured my day was not going to be the most pleasant, but this was just the icing on the cake. I missed band/choir and I still don't know if RCTC is going to Florida or not and if I can sell my spot to someone else.
Now I'm lying on the couch, eating Valentine's Day M&M's like they were pieces of cereal and sipping on a bottle of water.
I really need to shower. I smell icky. And I don't have my contacts in and I'm not the most fond of wearing my glasses all day.
I think I'm going to go shower. Maybe it'll help clear my head and relax my leg and other aches.
Sorry if you just read all my grumbliness. I just figured, "Why not just complain about your illness to family when you can let everyone know how disappointing your day has been?"
So, yeah, that's it.
I hope your day has been more pleasant than mine. Oh, and I apologize to anyone who tried to call me or see me today and was turned down. It's not that I didn't want to see/talk with you, my brain just wasn't put together enough and I smelled too bad to comfortably visit with anyone.
Ok, now that's it.
I'm gonna go shower.
TGIF, right?
~Cheryl
Friday, February 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Cheryl,
I've been pretty grumbly, too. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Please remember that God will keep you on this earth as long as needed to fulfill His purpose. He does have a plan for you. You know what is likely to end your life, but not when. Only God knows that. Maybe those offers for you to help in the elementary school are part of God's plan for you?? Maybe playing/singing with the RCTC band/choir is part of His purpose?? Maybe helping with the high school play is also part?? I don't know the answers, but He will show you. I am convinced that being grumbly sometimes IS part of that plan. We cannot be UP all the time, so feel free to share your grumbly times with us. Remember, only God knows the number of our days. Who knows, maybe he wants you to be an advocate for taking pediatric GI problems a little more seriously?? My thoughts and prayers are always with you.
Sandy Bryant
Cheryl, I just wanted to say that you were "different" (in a special sort of way) before your illness which has only revealed this to more people. Nothing, not even cancer, will ever take away your compassion, intelligence, sense of humor, and creative spirit.
Feel free to whine, complain, and grumble at will. Three's lots of us here reading your blog, saying prayers for you, and supporting from lots of different distances.
Hi Cheryl,
The following is a song I'd like to share:
Faith to leave behind this life I'm living. For you tell me there's a much easier way? But, I know that my Lord didn't take a short-cut...when they nailed His hands into the cross that day. I'm going on, I'm going through with Jesus. Gonna hold on to those nail-prints in His hands. And there's no mountain that is high enough to stop me, because Jesus will always be there to hold my hand!
God Bless you Cheryl - you are always in our prayers!
Janice, Bart and Cheryl Schlappi
Post a Comment