Thursday, September 06, 2007

"Ain't no tellin' where the wind might go..."

Hello, friends!

Reba, the TV show, has put me in a good mood, so I figured I'd update the blog. =P

First, I've started my photography class at RCTC. I'm not taking it for a grade, so I don't have to get flustered about taking tests and such, but I participate in class and do the same assignments as everybody else. I really like it. We have a nice professor who wants to be sure her students understand the material. Today I got my first roll of black and white film and for next Tuesday I have to take twenty-four pictures of a single subject. I'm thinking of using our wood pile, since each shot has to be different and the wood pile has lots of bits, like leaves and moss, incorporated into it.

Next Monday I start band again. I should really get my sax out and practice before then; I don't know if my arm will still hurt from the cancer by my spine. My tone probably won't be that great either way since I haven't been playing all summer.

For Labor Day weekend, I went to the Wisconsin Dells with Ben and his family for a family reunion. It was fun to get away for the weekend. We played mini-golf, went on a boat ride down the Wisconsin River, spent the day at the Mt. Olympus water/theme park, and played games with the whole family.

The pain in my hip is still there and I finally had an MRI for it, which showed there is another cancer spot by my tailbone. I have an appointment tomorrow with the radiologist about how this radiation treatment will go and a simulation appointment after. I will fight for not getting tattoos again, but we'll just have to see what the outcome is.

Finding this new cancer spot has made me reconsider some things. I have a CT-scan coming up and if the results show that chemo really isn't doing anything, I might call it quits. I'm really not fully decided yet. I'll talk to Dr. Pitot and see what he thinks, though I'm under the impression that for the past few months he's thought I'd give up sometime soon. That's the thing though: I don't want to give up. That's like suicide. But at the same time, I hate this new chemo treatment so much that I feel nauseous by just having a passing thought about it. But giving up the fight... it just feels wrong. Like I said, I don't know what I'm going to do yet and I'll keep thinking about it until I'm sure I have the right decision for me.

The redecorating of my room has commenced. I've picked out a paint color that is considerably darker than the color I currently I have on my wall. I think it will look good in the end, or at least once I get used to it. We're going to start painting tomorrow, or maybe Saturday. My grandpa and Bob are making me nice shelves to keep my orchids on, which is great. I still have to pick out new window treatments (my greenish curtains are way past working with the rest of my room), get my new bed frame from IKEA (it has storage drawers underneath, which is really nice since my room is tiny), and decide what the final layout is going to be. Yay! I'm excited to see how it turns out. =)

Oh, I just wanted to mention that the post that I had promised would be on the other blog is still not up, though there are a couple posts there already. I'll let you know when I post the story I wanted to tell on that blog.

Much love,
Cheryl

"Free and Easy Down the Road I Go"- Dierks Bentley

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck Cheryl, I hope everything works out to your comfort and piece of mind.

GMc said...

Cheryl,

Plese don't give up if you can find the strength to go on. You have a lot to offer this world and it will be wonderful to see what amazing things you do with your life. Fight this!

Ginny McCright

P.S. You don't even know me. I work with your mom and dad. You have touched my heart with your blog. I am sure there are a lot of people out here who feel just like I do.

Anonymous said...

Cheryl, Can we view your pix for your class? You always take such good ones, that I'd love to see them.

If you don't have a scanner, send them to work with your dad and one of us will scan them.
-Jeff

Anonymous said...

Cheryl,

Glad to hear you're enjoying yourself with classes, projects and friends.

I hope the CT scan has good news - you sure deserve it. It's hard to understand how grueling chemo is until you've been through it - and you've gone through a lot. Because you're so strong, I know you'll do whatever is right for you. You can be sure of everyone's support, whatever you decide.

Good luck in everything you're doing!

Marie Eidem

Anonymous said...

Cheryl:

I don't know what to say regarding the cancer stuff. So I won't say anything. But I do have film and paper for use in the darkroom if you need some. Would also be happy to help you in the darkroom if you want help! Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

i told you reba was awesome! :) nicole was telling me about your photography class as well, it sounds fun. you guys have to teach me your skills when i come home. and since youre a paparazzi now, take some pics of your decorated bedroom for me to critique!!
kate

Anonymous said...

Cheryl,

Please don't give up. I found out I have breast cancer last Friday, (Sept 7) caught early I hope. I am going to start right in on a very restriceted cancer diet and a natural treatment that the goal is to raise the pH level in my body. I will be using cesium chloride and barley grass and super greens. I will also be doing a colon detox then a liver detox. It's not to late for you to try all this. Go to www.cancertutor.org for my guidelines. Search the internet all you can for everything!!!!
Take care and good luck with your decisions.

Micki Anderson (Jessica's mom)

If you have any questions and want to call me, my number is 876-2455.

Anonymous said...

Cheryl, I just happened to read your post regarding God on your other blog and thought I would put a comment here. I don't agree with your conclusion that God doesn't care. In the Bible there is a statement that God created man "in his image". I don't believe that this literally means we "look" like God, but that the traits that make us human such as caring and loving are derived from traits that God possesses. Another way of putting it is that if we were paintings and God the artist, the qualities and emotions expressed in the art would most likely reflect those of the artist rather than being concepts that are foreign or meaningless to him.
So then if God does love us, why would he allow situations like your own to exist? I don't think any living human could answer that, but consider the analogy of a mother bringing her baby in for an immunization: Although the mother loves her baby and is doing what is best for her, the baby is likely to feel betrayed by a mother who so clearly inflicted this meaningless suffering on her. The mother however, can see the good in the larger context and while she is pained to see her baby suffer, she won't intervene.
Please don't give up your fight and don't give up on a God who loves you.

Anonymous said...

I sign my name when I voice my opinons. I support your beliefs Cheryl.
-Ann Sarazin

Telaldalin said...

thanks, ann. =)

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheryl - saw your dad this morning, I told him to give you a hug from us, he said he would, so hold him to it. Thinking of you often and praying for you. Have a GREAT weekend !

Anonymous said...

If I remember correctly, Cheryl specifically said that she was starting her new blog so she could write down her feelings, and that she was specifically not allowing comments because she didn't want people to comment on her personal feelings. Please respect her wishes. Everyone has the right to think and feel whatever they want.

Cheryl - I hope you are well, and thanks for letting us all get a glimpse into your life.