Tuesday, October 09, 2007

"Forgive me if I slip away..."

Today has been rather a "blah" day. I'm behind on my photography assignment and I don't know when I'll get it done. I can't decide what best would meet my assignment's requirements and the weather has not cooperated with me so that I could possibly take pictures outside. I had chemo again yesterday. I don't like having chemo every week; it doesn't give me a break. I guess I mentally need the break more than I physically do. Going to the clinic so often bothers me, especially when I have to be there really early and don't get out of there until the evening- a whole day of chemo and appointments. Yuck.

I guess the good news is I'm getting the promised rash from the new chemo drug, Erbitux. I know I didn't/don't want the rash- it itches, is unsightly, and promised to get worse- but having it is a sign that the drug is doing something. Other good news is the pain in my liver is gone, another sign the chemo is helping somewhat. Pitot has greatly reduced the amount of CPT-11 I'm getting, so I only feel nauseous the day I am infused, which I appreciate.

This last Friday I went to St. Ben's with some of my friends to see a play another friend was in. It was fun and the play was good. We all got to visit once the play was over, which was easily the best part of the trip.

I guess that's been the highlight of my week thus far.

I don't have anything else to report. I don't think I have anything exciting coming up either- chemo again next Monday is the only planned thing.

Oh, I went to Barnes & Noble with Mom Sunday to buy some CD's. I got the Hairspray soundtrack and Josh Groban's album Awake. Groban's CD is amazing if you appreciate a singer with an awesome vocal range and a wonderful, full tone to his voice. I guess you don't have to mind that half the album is in Italian either.

Greg is coming home this weekend too. I can't wait to see him; I miss him a lot.

Okay, that's all I really have to say.

~Cheryl

"February Song"- Josh Groban

3 comments:

Hayley said...

Oooh...not gonna lie, Josh Groban is pretty amazing....do you have any of his other CD's? I could burn a copy of them for you if you want...hehe have a good day Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Cheryl,

My son Ben, age 10, is wondering what your requirements are for your photography assignment. He has volunteered to take some pictures for you, to help with your assignment. You are in our prayers daily.

The Bryants of Zumbrota

Anonymous said...

I agree that the visiting was the best part of the trip. :)