Sunday, January 27, 2008

I can't for the life of me, remember a sadder day...*

Hello everyone, there has been a bit of confusion on Cheryl's memorial service next weekend, probably my fault as I said I would post an update later. We have planned a noon memorial service for Cheryl next Saturday, February 2 at Bethel Lutheran Church, 810 3rd Ave Rochester.(across from K-Mart)

Visitation at the church prior to the noon service is for all of Cheryl and our friends, not just family. The visitation times will be from 10 to noon. The memorial service is also for all friends to attend and join in the celebration of Cheryl's life.

Folks have asked us about flowers and memorials. Cheryl's wish in this regard was that instead of flowers, memorials in her honor should to the Make A Wish Foundation. This meant a lot to her knowing that she would be able to bring a smile into someone else's life.


Steve & Kathy


* Mother & Child Reunion by Paul Simon

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Think Like a Tree

by Karen I. Shragg

Soak up the sun
Affirm life's magic
Be graceful in the wind
Stand tall after a storm
Feel refreshed after it rains
Grow strong without notice
Be prepared for each season
Provide shelter to strangers
Hang tough through a cold spell
Emerge renewed at the first signs of spring
Stay deeply rooted while reaching for the sky
Be still long enough to
hear your own leaves rustling


~we meant to put this in the scrapebook and it somehow got left out...hope it brightens your day, it exemplifies cheryl perfectly :)
katie

Anonymous said...

Cheryl,
You should be commended for planning such a lovely memorial service. We--your family, friends, and friends of your family--all marveled at how much impact you made in your brief time with us. When our time comes, we hope we're as ready as you were.
Meanwhile, keep your eye on your parents. Every once in awhile, give them a hug or a warm feeling that you're with them. They'll need you as their guardian angel until that day when you're all back together.
Until we meet again...

Anonymous said...

I live out of town, and was unable to attend Cheryl's memorial service. I have followed this blog from day 1 though, and I marvel at how wonderful of a human being Cheryl was, and I am sure she is now the brightest of angels.

I would love if anyone could leave a comment about how the memorial service went. What music was played, and how beautiful it was.

What a courageous woman Cheryl was.

Telaldalin said...

Hi, Thanks for the post. I had planned on posting the bulletin that we had made up for the service along with Pastor Wahl's sermon in the next day or so. I have had a few requests for both. The memorial service was so beautiful, we had a lot of friends attending. It was a very special day for the family.

Anonymous said...

Cheryl's service was truly beautiful. I thought it was so appropriate that the props for the play were up, especially the painting of the beautiful valley as the pastor read Cheryl's poem and the words "the Promise". Cheryl continues to be an inspiration.

Anonymous said...

The service sounds like it was truly beautiful, which is a great testament to the life of Cheryl.

You must be so proud to be her parents, and I hope you are taking comfort in the fact that you will always have an angel at your side in Cheryl.