Monday, March 19, 2007

Oh come ye technologically inclined!

Hello!

Lots of events have taken place since I last posted. Well, maybe not "events"- they aren't really big enough to be considered "events". "Various activities" maybe? I was hanging-out with friends who were home on spring break for most the week, almost everyday actually; it was great seeing them all again! I attended a gathering at Ann's house on Friday and on Saturday Laura, Ann, and I went to the conservatory at Como Park in St. Paul. There were lots of pretty flowers there. I must say the sunken garden was the best part. There were tons of blooming flowers, all in shades of pink, white, and festively happy colors. It was gorgeous. I hope to head up there again soon since the sunken garden is changing from its winter exhibit to its spring one. The conservatory said that the spring exhibit features bulbous flowers, like tulips and daffodils. I think that would be fun to see.

The puppy is adjusting well. She is already pretty spoiled and is as lazy a dog I've ever seen. Her favorite pastime is laying in the middle of the living room floor, that and snoring. My goodness! I've never heard a dog to snore like she does. I guess it's not too bad. Just every once in a while she'll let out a snore that sounds like it came from a grown man instead of a puppy. =P

Now for the main purpose of this post. I need help designing a web page. Since most of this blog's readers are IBM-ers, I figure someone out there might be web-design inclined or knows someone who is. I've already got the code all written out. The problem is that some of the graphics are not behaving. When I open the HTML file from my C: drive, it works fine: everything lays out like it should. However, when I open the actual web page, everything changes: the graphics don't extend to the bottom of the page and the main content text overflows into areas it shouldn't. I would be thrilled if I could get the silly page to behave in one web browser, but it'd be even better if the web page could be supported by different browsers and fit different sizes/resolutions of screens. I am not all that knowledgeable in computer languages: the only way I got this website put together was by using a free template and a WYSIWYG program (Nvu). So, yeah: I need lots of help. If you could help me fix my problem, or know someone who could, email me at telaldalin@msn.com. Thanks so much!

Oh, I want to thank everyone who has added a pin to my map. It's exciting to see how many people read my blog and where they all come from. =D

Wait! I've got more thank-you's that I've been forgetting to post:
Thank you Deneen and Alvin for the monkey PJ's. They're so cute!
Thank you also to Jana and Kelley for the orchid; it's beautiful.
And a general thank-you to everyone who has been sending me cards and flowers to brighten my day. =D

I think a rush of activities is coming up soon. For band at RCTC, we're traveling to Brainerd for a collaboration of college bands and choirs for a few days; the RCTC band will play a few pieces on its own, but we'll also be joining a band that's made up of all the attending colleges. It should be fun. My friend Jase has the performances for her play in St. Cloud starting this week; I hope to attend one of her shows in between playing sax for RCTC and having my next chemo treatment.

I'm not looking forward to chemo. I guess I never am, but it keeps getting to be more of a strain. Like I've said before, I'm sick of it. I hate being leashed to the pump and feeling the side effects of the oxaliplatin. No fun at all. The problem is that if I stop, it's not like everything is going to be all happy-go-lucky again. I think that's the impression people were getting from one of my previous posts. It really isn't all that easy to just pack-up my bags and go traveling. I still have my femur/hip to worry about. My mobility is so limited compared to what is used to be. I'm always worrying that it'll fracture, which after seeing a video of the various ways a femur can fracture I've decided does not look pleasant in the least. I still get tired quickly too. Not mentally tired, but physically. I'd have to say that's mainly due to my hip also: it gets sore and then I need to sit down. Meh, it bugs me.

But enough of that. I have a puppy who's wandering around looking like she needs someone to play with, so I think I'll go and do that. =D

Much love,
Cheryl

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello my Cheryl Tree! You should tell me when you go back to the Conservitory and maybe I can meet you there and look at flowers again. I hope you are having fun with your puppy. Always remember to turn on the magical happy light in your living room if you feel gloomy... tis magical.
love Ann

Anonymous said...

Hi, Cheryl!!

Your puppy sounds wonderful!!! I know I love my 2. Does yours snuggle with you when you nap?? That's the best!!! If you want to travel, but are concerned for your hip, maybe you could rent one of those cute little scooters. I so admire your spunk & spirit. I hope you have been able to enjoy the sun these last few days. Sorry I cannot help with your Web issue, I can't even figure out my cordless phone half the time.

My prayers are with you daily!!

Sandy Bryant

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheryl,
We got to see G-Ma and G-Pa Tri this last Sunday. They wanted so bad to stop by to show us a picture of your puppy and you. They said it was greatest picture, because you have a huge smile with your puppy. They said that is the first time you have smiled in a long time. You deserve to smile seeing that puppy. Congratulations on the puppy by the way. What a cutie! Spoil that puppy, that is what they are for!
You are in our thoughts.
Curt, Annette and Brennan Hanson