Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Things have been busy this week with friends being home on spring break and last week was chemo so I didn't feel like posting. But I'm getting to it now. =)
This happened near the end of February, on one of the snow days. Greg and I decided that the snow was just right for building snowmen and ventured out into the yard.
This first picture (on the left) is Greg and I beginning the construction of our snowmen. Mine is more of a small pile of snow while Greg's is already a decent sized base. Well, we continued building for a good part of the afternoon and this is what we came up with... The picture to the right is of my snowman David(pronounced: da-VEED). I decided not to go traditional-style in my snowman building, as you can tell. =D He didn't really have man-parts, by the way- just leaves. =P It was really funny when he started to melt because he kept leaning really far forward until he toppled over. The picture to the lower left is of Greg's snowman. I thought it turned out pretty cute.
This is Claire. She got named after the cheerleader from the NBC television series "Heroes": "Save the cheerleader, save the world." It's actually kind-of appropriate since the character was adopted and we adopted the puppy. Claire is about the mellowest puppy you'll ever meet. She loves everyone and is quite fond of snuggling with people to take naps. She's the first inside dog I've ever had, so it's been lots of fun. She potty-trained really easy: she's smart like that. Oh, Claire is a border collie lab mix.
I guess that's about it. I'm on the full chemo treatment again. I hate it. Luckily the cold sensitivity isn't too bad yet and I haven't been vomitting.
Oh, you may have noticed that on the sidebar to the right there is a little icon that says "Map" on it. I thought it'd be neat to see how many people read my blog and where they're located. So if you feel like it, click on the icon and take a look at the map. A little bubble popped up for me asking if I was in Rochester, which is pretty much where I am, but I changed it to Eyota and filled out the the required spaces (name, email- optional to post a message). You don't have to enter in your real name. If you wish to remain anonymous, just put "Blog Reader" down as your name. You also don't have to enter a real email address. I tried out just putting down something random with "@" and ".com" in it and the site accepted it. If you put down your email address you automatically become a member of Frappr and get a goofy password assigned to you. So to avoid that, I would advise filling the email space with a made-up email address.
Okay. That's all the news I had.
~Cheryl


5 comments:
Cheryl-
I absolutely love your snowman...I started laughing when I saw it, mainly because I just finished studying for an art history test and learned all about Donatello and his sculptures. I'm glad to see you in better spirits and back to doing things you enjoy...oh, and your puppy is ADORABLE. Ok, and now for my big-sister moment (seeing that you don't have one and I'm the older cousin, I'm going to play big sister)...the last 8 months have, to put it bluntly, sucked. I won't even begin to pretend I know what you are going through, but I want to applaud you on your courage and strength. Maintain a positive attitude and never never never lose hope, but most of all LIVE. Go, do what you love and spend time with those you love...this really is how everyone should live every single day of their lives. Stay strong, and if you ever feel like you can't keep going, fall back on us, your family and friends who love and care about you...we'll help pull you through. If you ever need anything, call me or if you and your mom want a break/change of scenery, head on over this way, I'll take you out for lunch. You are in my thoughts and prayers daily.
Love, Beth
Welcome back!!! We missed you.
Hi Cheryl,
We really had a good time seeing you, your family, and Clair last weekend! I'm so glad you adopted her. That is something I have always wanted to do. Sometime I'm going to just do it. I think I'll just take James and Taylor and we will just come home with one. Then it will be to late for Bill to do anything about it - hee, hee. I have to agree with Beth, you are amazing and the strongest person I know! I pray for you daily along with many, many other people. Have fun with the puppy and keep us updated on all her puppy antics.
Glenda
Cheryl,
I'm glad you are sticking it out and staying where Family and Friends can be of support to you. Our prayers and thoughts have been with you from the beginning! Please tell your parents and grandparents hi, from us! Love, Bart, Janice and Cheryl Schlaeppi
PS: our home e-mail is: BartJan@netzero.net and my work one is: SchlaeppiJE@state.gov
Hi Cheryl...
You are quite a talented writer and with a lot to tell. Your honest and up-front style says a lot about you and the people who live in Eyota care for you greatly. I was recently there giving a talk to a church and your name and story came up. I just want you to know that another "stranger" is praying for you. You are touching lives in a deep and meaningful way.
You are beautifully blessed and just thought I'd let you know!
Most sincerely,
Betsy Singer
Post a Comment