Hello!
Wow. Spring has definitely sprung. I guess the saying "March comes in like a lion, leaves like a lamb" has held pretty true for this year; we had blizzards at the beginning of the month and now the weather is just beautiful. Everything is already getting greener. The pine trees in our front lawn look a happier shade of green, though maybe I just think that because they're no longer covered in snow. Either way, it's nice to see the sun and the beginning of spring growth.
Claire has fully adjusted to life at our house. She loves running outside and playing with Zoe. Today I sat out there with them and watched as they played a serious game of tug-of-war with an old sock. Zoe won since she has so much bulk behind her; compared to Claire, she looks like a grizzly bear. I was hoping to get both dogs brushed out some, but neither of them really care to sit still to be brushed. Oh well. Zoe's going to have to let us brush her at some point as the weather gets warmer since she has seizures when she gets too hot.
This past weekend I had my second round of chemo with Oxaliplatin. I tried to stay active and ignore the side effects, but yesterday and Sunday I couldn't help but crash and end-up taking a couple of three hour naps which left me feeling like I was run over by a truck when I finally got up. I think my cold sensitivity is starting to fade from this last treatment, but my hands and feet are starting to feel chapped again- that always happened before when I was on Oxaliplatin. Next time I go in for treatment the skin on my hands and feet will probably start to peel since that's the side effect that follows the chapped feeling.
Anyways, I haven't been up to too much. I've been to one band practice where we actually played something. It was fun though. We're playing a medley from "Pirates of the Caribbean" that I haven't played before. The only downside was that I volunteered to play the second part since one of the other kids had been playing the first part in my absence. The second part isn't half as fun, but it's not too bad. I get to play lots of low notes that aren't usually in a saxophone part, and my new horn sounds like it was made to belt them out. We're also playing one of the classic overtures, though I can't remember what it's called. It's not "William Tell," but it's one of the ones you think of when you talk about a fox hunt. This would be how I would sing it: duh-do-do-do-do-do-do-doot-doo-doo and repeat... I don't know how much sense that makes to anyone, but I bet someone will be able to figure it out. =D
Lol. I have to make mention of this: I'm sitting on the couch and Claire is laying beside me with her back to the front of the couch. Three times now she's leaned back and almost rolled off the couch. Hehe, it's really funny. Oh, there- now she's turned around so she won't fall off. Hehe.
Tomorrow I go to Brainerd with the RCTC band to play in the community college gathering of bands/choirs. It should be fun. I don't get home until late Friday night, and then Saturday I'm on the road again with my mom as we travel to St. Cloud to see Jase's play.
Eww. Claire just farted. It reeks. Why does she always have to fart around me??
Ah, I just figured out what I've been up to! I was finishing Mr. Little's website for his book. Thanks to everyone who helped me work out the page's problems! I think the end result turned out quite well. You can check out the website and order a copy of Little's book here: www.seanpatricklittle.com Don't be too impressed with how the webpage looks; I just altered a free webpage template to my liking. Luckily the template was image-orientated, so all I had to do was edit the images on my camera's photo-editor and the pre-written HTML did the rest. =D
Well, I've gotta run.
Wait! One more thing: Exactly 140 have placed a pin on my map! I am seriously impressed! =D
Thanks everyone who put in a pin!
Much love,
Cheryl
Tuesday, March 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I saw my first robins on Sunday - a sure sign of spring!!! I'm glad you are enjoying your puppy. Claire sounds like a wonderful furry friend. I'd love to hear you play sometime. Can you post your concerts on the calendar? My prayers are with you!!!
Sandy Bryant
HeHe you're a band nerd! That's cool though, because every monkey is part nerd....just some more than others!lol
HEY! Did you hear Jack is making a new movie? He let Brandon and I do some voices. I think it's a spoof off Sleepy Hollow....I didn't want to see the whole things because I want it to be a surprise...it's like 20 minutes long!
OK...good bye!
- Corey
P.S. your dog and I have a lot in common, because I can't stop farting either!
Oh Claire. I <3 you almost as much as your owner.
Post a Comment