Thursday, October 05, 2006

“Because I knew you...I have been changed for good.”

Good strange-twilight-zone-between-morning-and-afternoon!

Hmm, what to tell you about my week...well, probably everything:

Monday Veronika and I hung-out together all day after I had taken a math test (got 100% on that one). We went to Panera’s for lunch with mi madre and then we headed to Petit Music to get my piano book (piano/vocal selections from the musical “Wicked”- me gusta). Afterwards we went to the mall and I got a couple pairs of pants that actually fit and the second book by Alison Croggon. Then we went to play practice. It was fun. We got to torture people for missing their cues. Mwa-ha-ha! =D When play practice was done we came back to my house and made dolls from a kit. They turned out really cute, but all I can say is that kit is not made for kids 7+, it’s made for kids at least 16+. The glue and double-stick tape were evil, to say the least.

Tuesday I realized I had a biology test I had to take Wednesday and I head yet to start the chapter. So I plowed through the lectures, eventually Veronika and I had lunch, and then we went to play practice again. I took Veronika back to the Porcher’s after practice and I went home to work on math, which did not go very well. It made me mad. It’s simple stuff that I should have known how to do right away, but I didn’t and that frustrated me. Dad and I had dinner and then I went to audition for Peter Pan at the Rochester Civic Theatre. I thought my audition went pretty well, though I didn’t get called back Wednesday. Even if my audition didn’t go as well as I thought it did, I still had lots of fun. I met a couple of girls who were really nice and were as ignorant as I was to how auditions went for the Civic Theatre. We practiced together before we had to audition and then we ended-up being audition-buddies and auditioned together. It was so much fun! The director had us read the lines we had been given, then switch roles, and then we did accents. We got to talk like fancy English people and growl like pirates. Like I said, it was loads of fun. I really I hope I get a part in the play. It’d be nice to act again instead of just advising people about how they should act for their play.

Wednesday I had doctors appointments and a biology test(which didn’t go as well as I wanted; I should really learn not to second guess myself). At the Gonda building I had blood drawn and then Dad and I went to have lunch at Brueger’s Bagels. I’ve decided I like having bagels as sandwich bread; it tastes really good. Then we waited. And waited. Oh, then I met Neil and was happy to finally meet him. But then we waited some more. And I studied a little and probably should have studied more. And then Mom came. And we waited together. Yeah, there was lots of waiting. Finally we got called back, and guess what we did? Waited some more!! I almost started rolling through the halls on the doctor’s chair and asking when we were going to see someone. At last Dr. Cima came in with his resident and follower-lady and he told me some things I expected and some things I didn’t.

What I was expected was that I wasn’t going to have surgery yet. Cima thinks I should just keep going with the chemo since it’s working and we’ll take stuff out when things are more cleared up. The main thing is that there is lots of cancer on the right lobe of my liver and just a little on the left side. Cima is thinking that we could get the left side cleared-up as much as possible and then we’ll meet with a liver surgeon and together that surgeon and Cima will gut me open like a fish and they’ll take out the right lobe of my liver and the stent and intestinal tumor in one operation. I’m not too excited about being cut from sternum to past my navel, but if that’s what’s going to help, I guess that’s what I’ll be doing. Then we saw Dr. Pitot and reviewed what we had talked about with Cima and ordered the next round of chemo. Oh, I got weighed and I have gained a pound! Woooo! So, ha, Dad! I won the bet! *happy dance* =D

Wednesday night was not a good evening. I was taking my stupid math quiz for about the sixth time and still not doing as well as I liked. The frustration of math got me frustrated about everything and I had something of a nervous breakdown. Luckily Ben came to lend me a shoulder to cry and provided lots of hugs and I eventually calmed down and went to bed.

Today has gone much better. It started out with me waking-up and getting what I think Brandon called monkey bread. So thank-you Schmidt’s; it is absolutely delicious! =D The monkey bread must have fueled my brain with a couple more IQ points and I went after the math quiz one more time and got 100%. After that I went to RCTC to have my math test proctored. According to the system, I got one wrong, though I am positive that I got it right, so I’ll have to e-mail my professor about that. After the test I came home and played piano. I love my “Wicked” book; the songs are awesome. Oh, and I submitted my biology homework.

And now I’m working on this post and am pondering what to have for lunch before I get to go back to RCTC and play with the concert band. I’m excited. I like playing in bands. It makes me super happy. =D After that I’ll probably steal Veronika and we’ll go to play practice and meet up with Jase. I think we’re all going to bum together tonight and it should be lots of fun.

Friday is homecoming and I’ll be found bundled up at the football game in the evening. The other thing that occurs Friday is the posting of the results of the Peter Pan auditions. Though I didn’t get called back, I still might get a little part or be signed-up for helping with something else. The problem is that the results are posted at 5:30 p.m., so it’ll be a race to go see them, eat, and get to the football game. Oh well. Hopefully I’ll manage.

Well, that’s all the news I have.

Oh, wait, I found this site and I highly advise that you check it out. It is one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen. Just type in a web address and the web page will be “translated” into a funny dialect. I put in the blog’s address and it was fun seeing my writing done in Redneck. =D Here’s the link to the page: The Dialectizer.

Hope everyone’s weekend goes well.

Much love,
Cheryl

3 comments:

Drama Boss said...

Yay, I finally get to see you again!!! Oh, and if you're still up for it, I can spend the night tonight. Nothing major going on tomorrow morning.

-jase

~())

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a good week! I want to see these dolls you made! I wish you luck in securing a part in Peter Pan though your probably don't need it! I love you Cheryl! Excited to see you tomorrow!
Katie Herbers

Helen said...

whoa that dialect thing is awesome! fry mah hide! lol