Sunday, October 15, 2006

"I lost myself in a familiar song..."

Hey!

I just felt like posting to point out how beautiful the day was today. I couldn’t believe how warm it was! Even I could go outside with just a sweatshirt and be happy.

Today I slept in. It was wonderful. We put flannel sheets on my bed and they’re so soft. I felt like I was sleeping on a warm, fuzzy marshmallow. It was also nice having my bed made up since the night before I had managed to relocate all of my blankets and ended-up with a tangled mess on top of me that didn’t even cover my toes. But yeah, I’m loving the new flannel sheets. They don’t quite match the rest of my bed set, but their warmth and softness make up for it.

After I got up I lounged around like I always do on Sunday mornings and read the comics. I had a PB&J toast for breakfast, showered, then came out into the living room to socialize with Greg until Mom and Dad got home from grocery shopping.

Then Mom and I headed into Hancock Fabrics and I got some yarn, a crochet hook, and a book on how to make various hats, scarves, and mittens. The last time I was in the chemo ward I saw they had baskets of hats that people had bought or made and donated to patients undergoing chemo treatments. I thought that was the coolest and sweetest thing ever and so I’m going to learn how to make happy, fuzzy hats for fellow fighters. =D I’m excited to start; it’ll give me something productive, besides homework, to do when I’m trapped inside.

The next stop on our outing was Sekapp’s orchard. I love going there; it’s always fun. I got to pick out pumpkins to carve while Mom hunted down pie pumpkins. I saw the cutest thing too. There was this young family, with two little ones about two years old, who were trying to get pictures taken with the pumpkins. The kids were adorable; they both had little pumpkin hats and they were all smiles. It was funny too because the youngest kept taking off his hat before his mom could snap a picture and then he’d smile up at his dad, who would relentlessly keep putting the hat back on his son’s head. Then there was another family there with a little boy about five years old who kept rushing to the gourd bin to pick out miniature gourds to take home; he was so excited that there were vegetables that were his size that he could carry around or add to the cart. We finished our shopping by purchasing a couple bags of apples and a jug of apple cider and snacking on a couple of the sample apples that Sekapp’s keeps out for everyone.

We came home and I browsed the internet and ate lunch. Kelby came over later in the afternoon and we visited for a while. It was nice seeing her again; I haven’t seen her since she left for school.

Today also marks the second day of Greg’s addiction to the game “Guitar Hero.” His first day of addiction began when he played it at a friend’s house. Then today he went out and purchased his own game and controller. I must admit, it is a pretty fun game, even though I’m terrible at it. It’s kind-of like Dance-Dance Revolution, but instead of having a dance pad where you have to step on certain places at a certain time, you have a controller shaped like a guitar where you have to press one of five buttons on individual “frets” and strum a separate key at the same time. All of this is done to the music of popular rock tunes, like “I Love Rock & Roll” or “Smoke on the Water.” It definitely requires some coordination. Even as I write this post, Greg is fueling his addiction. Hopefully he can pry away from the PS2 console long enough to go to school and cross country tomorrow. =P

That pretty much sums up my day. I don’t really feel like retelling what I did all of Friday or Saturday. The most notable events of those two days consist of the cancellation of my first Peter Pan rehearsal, the Eagles defeat by the St. Charles’ Saints in high-school football, a trip to Barnes & Nobles, and spending an evening with Ben watching X-Men III and the crazy people on Food Network trying to break world records in cooking-related events.

I’m hoping the warm weather holds so that I can be outside some more while my cold sensitivity dwindles to its minimum. It’d definitely be nice to sit outside and help Dad carve pumpkins or to take Zoe on a walk.

Well, this shall conclude today’s post. This week promises to be a busy one and hopefully everything continues along swimmingly. =D

Much love,
Cheryl

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a nice happy-sounding post. :) That makes me happy.

I looked up when Scoop comes out here - February 2007!! That's just crazy...

Anyway, stay cheerful and if you get too cold come spend the summer with me!

Missing you bunches,

love Oz

Anonymous said...

hey cheryl

i got kyle "guitar hero" for his birthday and i think i play it more than he does! and i'd have to also admit that it is an addicting game :)

Drama Boss said...

Cheryl! Hey! Have you seen Jack's new movie yet? Do you like it?

-jase

~())

Anonymous said...

Hola Cheryl,
I miss you soooooooo much! I must give you props for using the bestest Boston song lyrics for your title thingy. I am wondering if we were both watching the pizza record breaking thing on the food channel? I hope things are going well for you down there, and I can't wait to see you at the play!
love Ann

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheryl!
Thank you so much for coming to my jewelry party! I hope you had some fun and at least get some use out of that candle! It was really nice to see you! Hopefully I can see you real soon! Keep a smile on your face!!
Sami Jo!!

Anonymous said...

Wasn't Schmitt fun? We should go again and devote more time...or we could just live there.

You're doing so well, Cheryl, hang in there!!!

(your birthday present is on it's way, even though it's like, a whole month late)

: )

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheryl,

It sounds like it supposed to be a beautiful day today. I hope you get to enjoy it! I hope things are going good for you. I definitely want to take the kids to see Peter Pan!
Take Care!
Glenda

Anonymous said...

Cheryl, you need to update more. I misseth you. Also, I better see you at the play on Friday night!!