I have always enjoyed the first snowfall of the new school year. I don’t know why, but I always thought the event was something special: that random day where snow appears too early and quietly falls to melt on green grass. It makes you immediately want to go frolicking outside. It makes you want to shudder at the thought of having to drive through a few more feet of it piled on top of icy roads. It makes you wonder if you could get the teacher to let the entire class go outside to play in the snow and avoid working the rest of the hour…
Anyways, yesterday I watched the snow fall and I cried. I had just been de-accessed from the pump and was already in a crummy mood, then it had to go and snow and I couldn’t help crying since I was trapped inside due to my sensitivity to cold. I realized that most my winter will be like this, if not worse. I’m really going to have to careful so that I don’t go outside one day, take in a deep breath of refreshing cool air, and then pass out from my airways constricting. I’ve already decided that I should try to convince the insurance companies that I must be relocated to Australia, Hawaii, or the Bahamas for a while so that I don’t have to deal with the cold. After all, the trip wouldn’t be for pleasure, it would be necessary due to health concerns. =P
Okay, that’s enough about that. Here’s a quick update of what I’ve been up to:
1. Hanging-out with Veronika before she returned home on Sunday. It was great seeing her again and I miss her already.
2. Homecoming festivities: Watching the parade, decorating Ben’s car with Streaky Gopher (Jase) and Whispering Wombat (Veronika), watching the game (we won! wooo!!), and going to the bonfire (it was a very big fire, I was impressed).
3. Hanging-out with friends: Jase and Laura were home for the weekend, so a good-sized group of us went to a movie and to Baker’s Square for pie.
4. Band & play practice: Going to band at RCTC (lots of fun when my hands aren’t sensitive) and attending my first Peter Pan rehearsal (I’m a mute pirate, but hey- I get to be a pirate! Arrr!)
5. Chemo: Blech. I have a renewed hatred of chemo treatments. They make me feel so gross. Blech. I just can’t say “blech” enough to express how icky it makes you feel. Blech.
6. Homework: The continual pursuit of knowledge in regards to mathematics and environmental biology. They’re both going pretty well. I even understand math again. Thanks a ton Mrs. Houghton and Mr. Harris!!
That’s pretty much it. Tonight I’m babysitting Pitt’s son and tomorrow I have a math test and play practice. Hopefully I can get back to RCTC to play in the band. It was hard when I went in Monday since the room was so cold and my hands got super tingly and stiff.
I finished my book today, so now I have nothing to read again. Supposedly Diane Duane’s next book is coming out sometime this fall. I really hope it is. I love her books and I’ve never been disappointed by anything of hers that I’ve read.
So, yeah. That’s it.
Pray for warm weather.
~Cheryl
Thursday, October 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Cheryl,
Your description of chemo really is perfect: blech. Just hang in there, though - you'll get through it. I have a couple of books by Greg Maguire, author of Wicked, at home. Let me know if you'd like to borrow them.
Marie Eidem
Sounds like a confluence of lousy circumstances leading to a generally lousy day. I'm glad you got to spend some time with all those very special people. I can't wait to see the play! Hopefully, you won't forget any lines :-)! Reminds me of the first time Sonny was in a play: he spent 45 minutes practicing his "lines" which consisted of saying "rawr rawr rawr rawr" at all the appropriate moments. (He was a troll in jack in the beanstalk...prairie fire style) Take care. Let us know when you take off for Hawaii. April
Cheryl, Sorry that you were busy and lunch did not work for you. Perhaps, next wk. Try to remember that bad days come, somehow you do get through them, and a new day does follow. Keep finding a smile in every day, and be sure to pass one on. Super Hugs, Gram T.
Hey, Cheryl!
We got snow the other day, too! It was kind of depressing, because it was so windy on top of the snow. It's been freezing all week, and I'm still not convinced that the heat has been turned on yet.
Yeah, so, I guess that's all. I'll talk to you more later! Let me know when the Peter Pan performance is.
-jase
~())
Cheryl, i have a surprise for you! i'll get it to you next time your at practice okay :)
Post a Comment