Thursday, August 10, 2006

Laziness: A Fine Art

Hello to everyone!

This week has gone by fast, though it may seem that way since I've slept through most of it.

My first batch of chemotherapy went pretty well. I was hooked-up to the pump for 46 hours in order to receive the 5-Fu part of my chemotherapy. The pump wasn't so bad, just a little annoying in that I had to remember I was leashed to it.

The only real side-effect I'm feeling now is sleepiness. My schedule is somewhat messed-up since I tend to nap well during the day and then wake-up several times during the night. Hopefully I'll get back to sleeping more at night and remaining more attentive throughout the day.

My sensitivity to cold has faded for the week, thankfully. I can now drink cold water and eat ice cream, which is a bonus during the summer. I guess it wasn't really all that bad to begin with, just a couple of times it felt like my hands had mildly fallen asleep when I had them under cold water.

What else...

Tonight I went to see the Prairie Fire Children's Theatre production of Cinderella. It was very cute. The kids did a good job with their performace, especially since they only had four days of rehearsal.

I think that's about it. I really have slept most the week away, so I don't have anything new and exciting to report. This weekend should change that though since I'll be having friends over for fondue tomorrow, Western Days on Saturday, and hopefully run to LaCrosse for Irishfest on Sunday. Should be a good time. Well, if I can manage to stay awake for most of it. =D

~Cheryl

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, man! I forgot Irishfest was going down this weekend.

Anybody good playing?

Helen said...

Western days, sounds like fun, we've actually never gone to them before! My sissy and I are working at the motocross all thru Sunday, so we're pretty busy making money... that's a good thing though :)
Hey Cheryl just thought of something, my mom owns a used/paperback bookstore on Hillcrest shopping center, Book Review (ask Little, he goes there all the time) and if you want I can bring you books, or you can come in and snoop for books, they're all half price! If you're interested send me an e-mail. Hope to see you soon, keep up you're awesome attitude, it really helps you I bet! Lots of love,
Helen

Anonymous said...

Good morning Cheryl~

It is good to hear that your chemo went so good this week.

The best medicine after chemo is the rest you were getting. When you feel tired, you should rest!!

The other good medicine out there is your Friends! You need them just as much as you need your rest.

Check out Nikki's latest picture on he web page. She went shopping with her uncle the other day.
www.caringbridge.org/mn/nikki

This week has been a roller coaster week for Nikki...somedays she has been feeling good, and then other days not so good. Yesterday was her chemo day of Methotrexate...so she will be laying pretty low for the next 3-5 days.

Stop over any time if you are feeling up to it.

We will continue to keep you and your family in our ~*~PRAYERS~*~

Karen, Kevin, Nikki, & Kyle

Anonymous said...

Wow. You don't slow down for long, do you? Good for you! Keep enjoying it all. Sounds like you're doing a good job of listening to your body, resting when you need to, and going when you're ready to go. If for some reason you don't go to LaCrosse on Sunday, there's two good jazz bands playing "down by the riverside" Sunday night. And Peter Ostroushko is playing in the Harwick Building courtyard downtown Monday at noon. Keep on keeping on! We're all rooting for you.
April H.

Anonymous said...

Hey Cheryl. Laziness is a very fine art. Just thought I'd say hello and let you know that your old teammate is thinking of you and sending healing vibes in your direction. Have a good time at western days this weekend!

Emily McLean

Drama Boss said...

Yay for fondue! That was fun last night. And Yay for Irishfest! What time are we planning on leaving tomorrow?

Hope you have fun at Western Days, where you most likely currently are. See you tomorrow!

-jase

~())

Anonymous said...

John Boy rules the world!

Western Days was a blast with you yesterday! Have fun at Irishfest today!

-Bri

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheryl~

just wanted to let you know that we are praying for you. Hope everything is going good for you!
Karen, Kevin, Nikki, & Kyle
www.caringbridge.org/mn/nikki

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheryl:

Kelby said you had a great time with your fondue night. We have been in Illinois. Wow, what great photos!
Glad to hear you made it through the first week. Stay strong and we will see you soon.

Love, Teresa and family

Anonymous said...

hi Cheryl - hope you are feeling better from the chemo. we stayed at g & g tri's on saturday. we said a prayer for you on sunday at church. We also lite four candles for you. you would think we had a flame thrower along. summer is going very fast. let us know if there is anything we can do to help out.
chris and jason

chris and jason

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheryl, Kathi, and Steve,
I am making an attempt to be more computer savy and send you an actual message. I have been reading alon and keeping up with what's happening via Ben too. I hope you all know how much all of us care and that we will be here to help with anything you need. It is going to be a marathon fight, but your attitude and sense of humor is going to get you all through it! Let me know if Ben is invading too much, or not enough. He is feeling his way and just wants to do what is best for all of you. Enjoy your week off from chemo and keep having fun! All our love Nancy,Tony, Ben and Adam H.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

A short note to see if I'm able to send it this time. Faith, Blake's, wife is here to help me.

You are in my heart and prayers. Aunt Nadine