I was out searching the web tonight to see if colon/rectal cancer had a designated ribbon symbol, like leukemia has the orange ribbon and breast cancer the pink. I stumbled upon this link in my searching. It looks like the symbol for colon/rectal cancer is the blue star. I have it posted there in the sidebar. It makes me happy. Blue is a good color. At least it's not brown. In conclusion, kudos to the thinker with the original thought that the ribbon for colon/rectal should be blue and for coming up with the twist of turning it into the star. Way to think outside the box.
~Cheryl
Wednesday, August 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


17 comments:
ooh, that is cool! blue is my fav color :-D it's pretty
ttyl Cheryl!
Helen
Cheryl,
We hope that all of the tests, operations, and chemo does the trick and gets you back to as normal a life as possible. You strength and attitude is absolutely amazing.
By the way, pie is our favorite breakfast as well. In fact, Karen has been eating pie for breakfast since childhood.
Our prayers are with you and your entire family.
Karen & Mike Tappon
Cheryl-
You are a gifted blog writer- witty and clever, yet tender and truthful! Have you ever thought about a career in writing or journalism??? You have quite a talent there!
We appreciate you keeping those who are thinking about you updated. You are an inspiration for us all!
Rooting for you- Lisa & Rich M
Mirror, mirror on the wall
who is the most amazing person of all?
YOU ARE!
Blue is the most awesome color ever and I like stars, so I'm pretty sure it is the best symbol ever!
-Bri
Cheryl,
You are so awesome! I read your blog every day, sometimes more than once. Your strength and positive attitude WILL get you through this ordeal. I feel it!
Lori Anneke
Cheryl. Its so awesome to see you have such a good attitude. If you have any questions about anything cancer related, I'm a nursing student and have access to lots of sources that are very current. Just let Gimp know.--Katie, Gimp's sister
Cheryl,
Hope all goes well with all your treatments. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.
Willette, Paul and Melony Andersen
ah, but brown would have been a fitting color... :) -manda
For those following along (first of all, you have Kathy & my thanks) Cheryl did not have the best of days yesterday and is in some pain yet from the stent. She was very tired after the stent was installed and it was making her cramp up as the doctor said it would. Since she is having the port or Implantable Vascular Access device (IVAD) installed in a little over an hour she could not take any pain meds and was up some of the night. We will see what can be done for the pain while she is in recovery. I hope she will feel better today and be able to post to her blog.
I'm on call for you ALL day if any of you need anything - just call the cell and I'll come. Glad the port is early in the day.
Linda
Hi Cheryl, You don't know me, but your dad does. I have worked out at IBM over 28 years and have known Steve for a good part of that. I am writing to you because in late February, I went in for a routine physical and they discovered a stage II tumor in my colon. I have since been operated on and have gone through 7 chemo treatments. From reading your blog notes, it sounds like you will have the same treatment schedule that I am currently on. About 4 hours at Gonda 10, then the belt pack. I had a port put in as well, so the connection process is very smooth. I have not lost my hair, but it grows more slowly and has thinned just a bit. After I disconnect the belt pack, I get very tired for 2 to 3 days then bounce back to "almost" normal. I take compazine for the nausea and have not been sick at all as this really helps. They told me to take it when I felt bad, but now when I start chemo, I take it as a regular dose (3 times a day) through the 5th day. Anyway, I just felt compelled to write and let you know my family is praying for you and if you want to talk I would be glad to. I can be reached at dobberke@us.ibm.com or ndobbs@charter.net
God Bless you and hang in there
Cheryl, Kathy, Steve and Greg,
We are all keeping you in our thoughts and prayers contstantly. Please do not hesitate to ask for anything, anytime.
I have ordered the colon/rectal cancer pins - enough for everybody. They will be shipped Monday, arriving probably mid week.
When you're feeling under the weather, just think of all the silly stuff you, Greg, Beth, and Brianne have done the last 18 years. All the hours spent looking for and playing with the kittens in the hayshed, riding in the parade with Grandpa and throwing candy, birthdays, holidays, and of course, Barbies...
Draw strength from us - we're tough and have lots to spare.
Love, Nancy
Cheryl,
Yeah good thing the color isn't brown, I have something that might help read these lyrics over and over again, they're by Tim Hughes by the way:
When all around is fading
And nothing seems to last
When each day is filled with sorrow
Still I know with all my heart
He's got the whole world in His hands
He's got the whole world in His hands
I fear no evil, for You are with me
Strong to deliver, mighty to save
He's got the whole world in His hands
When I walk through fire
I will not be burned
When the waves come crashing round me
Still I know with all my heart
hope this helps, just think of me, watching phantom,eating popcorn, singing with my mouth open
Jena
Cheryl,
Hope you are enjoying your weekend. Keep thinking positive take care on Monday.
Love - Char
Post a Comment