Saturday, August 26, 2006

Tummy Talk

Today is Saturday.
The date is August 26, 2006.
The weather is rainy.
I don't know what I'm writing about.
This round of chemo has been a bit rough.
I got sick to my stomach both Thursday and Friday night.
It was not fun.
Now I am being told to constantly be eating something, even though my stomach protests with every bite.
We called the doctors and they said they'll give me some stronger meds to help with the nausea.
I really hope they work.
Thursday I slept all day, literally.
I only got up a couple times to: a)get a stitch pulled (not fun); b)hair cut (still deciding if I like it or not; c) be de-accessed from my chemo pump.
Yep, that was my Thursday.
Friday was pretty similar.
I slept, I ate, I slept...I slept...
I also went to the girls' soccer game at the high school with Ben.
They lost, but I still enjoyed getting out and seeing them play.
Then I went to Ben's house to watch the "Longest Yard," the new one with Adam Sandler.
It's a good flick.
Then Ben took me home, hung around at my place for a bit to see if I was okay, said goodbye and left.
After this I got sick and started a night where I was waking up a lot and got sick to my stomach once more.
Blech.
Now it's Saturday.
I tried to sign into my online courses, but was unable to since the page seems to undergo a weekly maintenance check on Saturday mornings.
So instead I wrote this rambling post and updated my online calendar.
Yep. That’s about it.
I don’t know what my plans are for the rest of today, but they’ll probably include me working on some homework eventually.
Okay, that’s it.
Will continue to update.

~Cheryl

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

No wonder you weren't in the mood for a chocolate brownie pizza! Sorry your tummy is rebeling with this round of chemo. Hopefully the new med will help, and you will feel better soon!! I liked the new hair cut. Rest up and take the homework a little at a time, you can always show off your academic prowess in a couple days when you are feeling better. Hang in there, we are all in your corner!! Ben's Mama

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheryl~
Sorry to hear that you have been sick to you tummy. It is NO fun!! But do remember to try to eat and drink as much as possible!! Even if you get sick, at least it was something to coat your stomach for a little while! That chemo can do some harsh things to your stomach!!

Good to hear that you were able to get out for a little bit and enjoyed the Adam Sandler movie. It is quite a funny one!

We headed over to Bill's house last night for a little bit to see his new Pig barn. He had a party there for everyone to see the new barn that will hold 2000 pigs!

Today Nikki is laying very low...as thursday she had her treatment...and I think we will not be able to do anything else for the next few days or so. We were supposed to head up to MPLS for Make A Wish family picnic, this afternoon for a family reunion before Allison & Noah leave for the Army & Air Force..but the way things have been going so far today..I think we will all watch tv and let Nikki get her much needed sleep!

Take care and we just wanted you to know that we are thinking about you everyday and we are praying for you everynight!!

Yesterday is but a dream.
Tomorrow is only a vision.
But today, while lived, makes every yesterday a
dream of happiness, and every tomorrow a vision of hope.

See Ya~
Karen, Kevin, Nikki, & Kyle
www.caringbridge.org/mn/nikki

Anonymous said...

Cheryl, the sun is coming out, and you'll feel better. The drab weather is yucky. Hang in there!!

Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

That nausea is always the worst. When I had chemo, I got so sick...I remember vomiting once while I slept, and although I woke up, I had a lot of it in my sinuses...I smelled vomit for days. It was gross.

But, despite the drawbacks--you grow stronger as a person.

:)

Anonymous said...

Hola Cheryl,
I hope you feel better. I miss you already :( There is nobody here! I guess I shall talk to you later.
~Ann

Drama Boss said...

A HAIRCUT??? I must see photographic evidence! Hee hee.

I miss you, Cheryl. I still have your birthday present, too.

Hope you feel better soon, and I hope the chemo goes better next time.

-jase

~())