Sunday, August 27, 2006

A Brief Sunday Post

Hola!

What to say about today...

Well, I haven't gotten sick in two days. My family and I have identified the culprit of my sickness as the iron supplement pills my oncologist prescribed and have therefore decided that I won't be taking them anymore until we've talked to the doctor again.

I am thoroughly sick of taking all these pills. I wouldn't be surprised if I turned into a drug addict by the time all of this is over. You'll see my wandering the streets, randomly asking for Tylenol-3. Well, hopefully not, but wouldn't that be a sight? =P But you know what really drives me crazy? They keep telling me to take pills (I have at least three) that all have warnings that nausea, constipation, and/or diarrhea are common side effects. As if my digestive track didn't have enough problems without it being bombarded from the medicinal angle. Sheesh.

But life goes on.

Today Dad and I created a team for the World Community Grid project. If you're interested in joining the team, simply click here. I don't know how many people have joined the project, so I'd love it if you gave a shout-out on the other blog to say that you've joined the team. =D

I guess that's about it. My weekend has been full of sleeping, a little walking and watching TV, and procrastinating starting my online courses (though that will end shortly, I promise).

I really don't have anything else to report on, so I'll end my post with that.

Much love,
Cheryl

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cheryl, This is Grandpa and Grandma Tri, with Jeff's help, we are mastering the fine art of computer blogging. Thanks for the information on the blog. We love you.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I don't think we have to worry about you becoming a drug addict. Sounds like you're never going to want to LOOK at another pill when this is done. It was good to see you Friday night. I enjoy your sense of humor. Wry humor is still humor, and it helps. Hopefully you'll start bouncing back now that round 2 is done and you figured out which pill is making you queasy...now all you need is some sun!

April

Anonymous said...

Hey Cheryl - thinking of you today, hoping that you are feeling more normal as the week moves on. I do my Gonda visit tomorrow, so back to "the bag" for a couple of days. Anyway, our thoughts an prayers are with you and the fam, take care and God Bless !!

Anonymous said...

Cheryl, I joined the Blue Star of Hope team. My current stats are henryhocraffer
Accumulated Points: 638,773
Current Ranking: 2,021

We're rooting for you!
Henry & Sandy