Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Tuesday of Thee I Sing

Today has gone pretty well.

This morning at 8:30 a.m. I went to the "Section of Nuclear Medicine." There I got an injection to help my bones show up better for a bone scan scheduled for a few hours later. So I got the shot, drank lots of water to make sure I was thoroughly radioactive, went to the bathroom about every two minutes, and did a lot of waiting in the downstairs lobby. Luckily my aunt and uncle brought me a long-sleeved shirt to keep me from freezing while I waited and visited to help pass the time. At 11:30 a.m. it was time for my bone scan. We went back upstairs and met-up with April H. She hung-out with my parents while I had my bone scan.

The bone scan was pretty simple. I went back there and was told to lay still on a table while this machine hovered a couple inches from my face and slowly scanned my entire body. It was kind-a boring since you can't see anything for the first five-ten minutes and whoever runs the section of nuclear medicine has decided that background music isn't necessary. So I laid there for about a half an hour, trying to recite the entirety of the musical Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat in my head until I could turn my head and watch the digital images the scanner was creating on the monitor beside me. That was cool. It's interesting seeing your skeleton slowly being reproduced on a computer screen. I could easily see my skull, spine, ribs, and hip. My limbs were a bit harder to see, but my bladder was a nice bright, white spot since it was the current center of the radioactive stuff they'd injected me with earlier.

After the bone scan was done Mom, Dad, April, and I went to grab lunch and then we came home.

So, yeah, today has been pretty laid back.

I've worked on my blog most this afternoon, trying to get all the links to work and playing with its template. I ended up with the flowers in the header (I took that picture! =D ) and managed to keep the criss-cross divider beneath it (that was a pain-in-the-butt to figure out).

I've set up a calendar (link to it on the right side-bar). Its main purpose is to help me keep everything neatly organized, but I figure others might like knowing what I have coming up concerning my trips to the doctor.

That's all for now. I think I may be hanging out with some friends later today. Should be fun.

Oh, I want to thank everyone for their supportive comments, emails, and letters. I know that with the strength and love you all share with me that I can give this cancer a run for its money.

Love,
Cheryl

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kathy,Steve,Cheryl,and Greg,
We want to let you know how much we love you and we are keeping all of you in our prayers.
Tom and Karen Beagle

Anonymous said...

Hey Cheryl, I know you can give this cancer a run for it's money. Put on your fighting gloves and go for it girl! I love you!
Glenda Schroder

Anonymous said...

"It was kind-a boring since you can't see anything for the first five-ten minutes and whoever runs the section of nuclear medicine has decided that background music isn't necessary. " you make me giggle cheryl. who's april h? i feel like im supposed to know who this is but i dont....if ur up for visitors thursday i would love to see you and thats my day off! let me know when a good time is. in any case i cant believe i havent seen u this summer! ive seen ann a few times but not u or jase!!!!!!!! lets get together!

katie bers

Anonymous said...

Cheryl what type of flowers are your abso. fav. because i know flower help! And do you want chocolate?

Luv,
~kass

Anonymous said...

i hope you get better cheryl. i luv you!!

Tori

Anonymous said...

Cheryl, we are pulling for you and praying for you!! You have constantly been on our minds. Take care. Your attitude is just one more of your many assets that will get you through this ordeal. God bless you!

Dick and Lori Anneke

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheryl,
Thinking of you and keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.
Be strong and stay positive....and beat this cancer!!! Take care.
Sara, Dave, Adam, and Katie Beagle

Helen said...

Cheryl! I'm so sorry to hear about what's happened lately, my family's been through it too, my mom had breast cancer a couple years ago, and it was just a setback for us, everything's back to normal again. You've got the right attitude to get through this, and I know you'll come out of it strong as ever. We're pretty busy these next couple weeks, but I want to find a time to come visit you soon! So I'll figure somthing out and see if it works for you. Keep up the good attitude, and good luck with everything!
~Helen

Anonymous said...

Cheryl and family,

Just wanted you to know that you are in my thoughts. Hang in there and remember, we are all here for you at any time, for any thing. Our family has amazing strength and I have no doubt that we will all get through this together. So stay positive and call if you need anything.

love,
Beth Thicke

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheryl - I get to spend time with your mom here at work -- just saw your blog. I'm sending my prayers your way.

Sheri

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheryl:

You are in our prayers. Let us know what you need, music, books, etc. to pass the time during all this stuff. Kelby said she wouldn't know what to get you since you have many of the things she would think to get. If I can do any running for you or sitting with you let me know since I am home during the day.
I love your writing (and the photo). Keep it up. Your attitude is great and will help you tremendously. Keep all good thoughts. Tell your mom and dad to call if they need anything.

Love, Paul and Teresa Hackler and kids

Anonymous said...

Cheryl, I want you to know that my mom, dad and I are thinking about you! Even though I haven't really seen you in a while I remember all the times I babysat you and your brother and all the horse shows we went to and the fair, I was thinking a lot about all of that when I heard what was happening. I know you have many people there for you now but please know that I am right here for you and your family! Oh and I am taking extra care of your horse for you, I even went out in the pasture yesterday just to see him and give him some treats! If you want to see him soon I will make a way for that to happen!!
Love, Sami Jo

Helen said...

Hey Cheryl, hope you're doing well. Maybe sometime over the next couple months or so when we find time, I can take Ben and you trailriding at my place, that'd be fun! Hopefully I can talk to my parents and find a time soon to come see you, haven't talked to you much all summer. E-mail me anytime, I don't get much mail!
~Helen

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheryl;



I am Ben's aunty from Wisconsin. Barbara, I met you at Ben's house when you where practicing your saxaphone quartet and I thought you and Ben would make such a cute couple. I enjoyed your prom pictures and was so sad to hear of this trial you and your family are going through. We will be praying for you and your family. Love Barbara

Anonymous said...

Cheryl,

Hi from Bart Janice and Cheryl.

We wanted to write and say our thoughts and prayers are with you. And that we've enjoyed reading your blog. You've got a wonderful attitude, it shows you have inner strength and grace. Take care and we'll keep in touch. Love, Bart, Janice and Cheryl Schlaeppi