Monday, August 07, 2006

Olbrich Photos

Here are a couple of photographs from my trip to the Olbrich Gardens. I don't know what the brown butterfly is, but the black, striped one is a zebra butterfly. The lily pad picture was taken outside by the Thai pavillion rather than in the consveratory with the butterflies.



9 comments:

Helen said...

ooh, love the pictures Cheryl! I used to be a butterfly nerd when I was little, they're so pretty! Hope you're still having fun and doing well,
Helen

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheryl,
I'm Bonnie's grandaughter, I'm trying to teach aunt nicky how to blog, this is all new to her. We've read what you have written, and you are in our prayers, I hope you will get better soon.
Heather Poland

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheryl,

What absolutely beautiful photos! You have quite a talent in photography, among other things. It was nice that you and your mom could get away for awhile and make the trip to WI. I hope you're feeling okay today. Nicole is looking forward to fondue on Friday!

Take care,
Julie

Anonymous said...

Hey, Cheryl, what awesome pictures! You must have a lot of patience to wait for those butterflies to stay still long enough for a picture. What other talents do you have hiding away? Your blog is an inspiration to all of us who read it, keep up the great outlook.
Jan Taubel

Anonymous said...

Hey, Cheryl. Thought about you this evening. There was one of those black and yellow butterflies on my phlox. Of course, my camera was nowhere around. Keep finding and enjoying beautiful things. And creating. And enjoying your good friends. Best wishes for good days, from April.

Anonymous said...

hey cheryl,
love the pix. ill keep u in my prayers. hope youll get better soon. live life to its fullest!! love ya

Anonymous said...

Hey Cheryl I wanted to say how sorry I am that this happened to you. Also so you know I am here for you and I kinda know how it is to have a problem like this. Well at least I know from a sister's point of view. Also I was wondering if the tumor is killed? ,or whatever it does when it goes away, is there anything that could be permanent?

Breezer

Anonymous said...

Hey Cheryl - how's life with the pump? (I too know what it is like)
You will find out what is good and what is bad as you go through the Chemo. I can olny drink room temp bottled water for 4 to 5 days from the start of Chemo, then I can drink cool temps, but not cold.
So when we go out I get lemonade - no ice, seems to work out just right. Also, the touch sensation (like grabbing a metal pipe at 20 degress below zero with no golves) didn't start until after my 3rd treatment. After I disconnect from the pump, I am really, really tired and just sleep whenever I can for 2 days, then I start feeling better. And find what you like to eat and go with it, mash potatos are one of my favs during treatment. I think we are on oppsite weeks, I go every 2 weeks too, but My next treatment is the 16th, sounds like yours will be the week after.... but who knows we may bump into each other in the "Gonda neighborhood" Take your compazine (It realy helps) best wishes, write to me if you want to chat about anything - God bless !! Hang in there !!

Anonymous said...

Wish you had been here this AM. There are a couple hummingbirds outside the picture window and on the flowers. I've been watching them as I worked and thought of you and your butterflies!
Linda